Senior Associate Minister: Estates
Starting Early 2022
St. Jude’s has been involved in ministry to 3000 public tenants of the Carlton Housing Estate for over 40 years in a variety of ways. For 36 years a congregation has met together on Sundays in a community room at the base of one of the high-rise towers, although currently it is meeting in the church café space when COVID-19 restrictions permit. The Estates Community Church conducts a Sunday service that is relaxed and informal, providing a simple, mainly English service with a community lunch beforehand.
The current outreach ministries conducted by the Estates Community Church is primarily focused on residents on the Estate and Persian refugees who live elsewhere. These people face a number of socio-economic and health disadvantages including low income, physical and mental health issues, low levels of English language literacy and social marginalisation.
The Senior Associate Minister (SAM) will lead a team of staff, volunteers and trainees in reaching residents of the Carlton Housing Estates and Persian refugees with the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ through word and deed.
- Providing oversight and leadership of St Jude’s Estates ministry including in the areas of worship, preaching, training, pastoral care, support, prayer, evangelism and other ministries with a focus on the Carlton Housing Estates and Persian refugees.
- Providing leadership in the development and implementation of a vision, and strategic plan for the Estates in line with the wider values, mission and vision of St Jude’s in conjunction with the Estates Leadership Committee.
- Serving as a minister of the Word – teaching the Bible in various contexts: one on one, small groups and preaching in the Sunday services. Preaching programs are developed in consultation with the Vicar and other Senior Staff.
- Overseeing the conduct and organisation of Sunday services.
- Leading and supervising other Estates staff, volunteers and trainees (interns in the eQuip Ministry traineeship program) and the Estates Leadership Committee.
- Participating as member of the Senior Staff team at St Jude’s.
- Other responsibilities agreed to with the Vicar.
Download the position description for further information about the position and application process.
Applications close 26th September 2021.