Music Director: Parkville
1-2 Days per Week
Starting January 2022
St Jude’s in Parkville is a campus of St Jude’s focussed on professional workers, families, children, students and urban dwellers in the inner north of Melbourne helping them to grow in Christian maturity, and to serve Christ in their lives. Growing as ‘God’s Family on Mission’, we seek to make life changing connections with people in the workplace and in the local communities of Parkville, Brunswick and surrounding suburbs.
The Music Director will work with the Parkville Senior Associate Minister, other staff and lay leadership to oversee the music ministry of the Parkville congregations. They will think theologically about their role and ministry, have excellent personal and relational skills, but also have the ability to raise up, organise and train musicians and leaders to grow this ministry. The successful applicant will be working with a committed team in this ministry and will serve within the parameters of the St. Jude’s Code of Conduct and the Anglican Diocese of Melbourne Safe Ministry protocols and codes of conduct.
The Music Director will be responsible for:
- Weekly song selection, oversight of our repertoire and music team leading
- Recruiting and developing musicians, teams and leaders
- Administration related to our music ministry
- Contributing to the pastoral care and discipleship of musicians
- Contributing to the overall shape and focus of our Sunday services
- Contributing to the wider ministry direction of St Jude’s in Parkville, including the development and expression of creative gifts.
Download the position description for further information about the position and application process.
Applications close 22nd October 2021.