Assistant Minister (Female): Carlton
4 Days per Week
Starting January 2022
St Jude’s in Carlton is a campus of St Jude’s made up people of all ages and stages: professional workers, retirees, families, singles, children and students. We come from all over Melbourne, but the majority live in the inner north. Together, we’re seeking to grow in Christian maturity, love and care for each other, serve Christ in our lives, welcome newcomers, love and share Christ with our communities and in our workplaces, and raise up workers for God’s great harvest field.
St Jude’s Carlton is seeking a woman with leadership and pastoral gifts as our Assistant Minister (lay or ordained). The Assistant Minister will work with the Senior Associate Minister, other staff and lay leaders to provide pastoral leadership, focusing on our 10am and new 4pm congregations. She will think theologically about the role and ministry and have excellent personal and relational skills. The Assistant Minister will need to raise up, organise and train members and leaders, and build appropriate systems to maintain and grow these ministries. The successful applicant will be working with a committed team and serve according to the St. Jude’s Code of Conduct and the Anglican Diocese of Melbourne Safe Ministry protocols and codes of conduct.
The Assistant Minister will support the Senior Associate Minister in the pastoral oversight of St Jude’s Carlton. In discussion with the Senior Associate Minister, and depending on gifts and experience, responsibilities may include:
- Pastoral care of members, particularly women
- Preaching, leading and organising Sunday services
- Helping to establish and lead a new 4pm congregation
- Teaching, discipling and training of congregation members and lay leaders
- Supervision of trainee and voluntary staff
- Welcome, connection and integration of newcomers into the congregation
- Community life (congregational lunches etc.)
- Oversight of Connect Groups (Bible study groups)
- Evangelism and outreach
- Involvement with UniChurch
The Assistant Minister will also perform other tasks as directed by the Senior Associate Minister and/or Vicar.
Download the position description for further information about the position and application process.
Applications close 26th September 2021.